A laptop is not a machine, it’s your own virtual store, meeting room, salesroom, and your marketing platform with the help of internet connection. With the help of this blog (which is also possible due to laptop and internet), I will help you to set up your very first event planning business with the help of a laptop and internet, sitting at home. What’s more? It will be free of cost, you will not have to pay a single penny for it.
- Free email ID and chat: Communication is the lifeline of any successful business. Create your email ID for free at any free email hosting service provider like Gmail, Yahoo, Mail.com, Zoho, etc. My personal choice will be Gmail, by Google. With the Gmail account, you get 30 GB of free online drive space to create, edit, share, upload files like spreadsheets, presentations, PDF documents, and more.
- Free online decoration course: Gaining profession-based knowledge and continuous up-gradation is a must and necessary to enrich your portfolio and offer your client with modern trends and fashion. There are various courses over management of events (event management) but there are rarely any skill-based courses like balloon decor, floral arrangements, event fabrication, event carpentry, or event-crafts. Don’t worry please refer FREE VIDEOS over YouTube and try at home before you start offering the services. Recently online learning portal Udemy has also started balloon decoration courses at a very nominal cost.
- Free online purchase vendors for decor materials: Basic materials for small events are balloons, ribbons, foil balloons, theme danglers and balloons, party props, and executing materials (tape, paper tape, scissor, double side tape, etc.). You can freely register on websites like Amazon, IndiaMART, Udaan, etc. to get your basic or startup kit freely delivered to your doorstep. Remember shopping is not free!
- Free business website: Google is the #1 search engine in the world, and if you get your website hosted, built, and visible at Google for free then it’s a steal deal. Publish your free, easy to build (drag, drop, upload) website at https://www.sites.google.com Click here to view a sample site.
- Free social media platforms: Social media has made marketers’ life easy. Widely used social media platforms in India are Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Tik Tok, and LinkedIn. Yes, you read right! you can use Tik Tok and LinkedIn for promoting and showcasing your event works! Social Media are just platforms, it completely depends on you- how and where to use it and in what manner. You can use Tic Tok to make 30sec or 60sec decor videos and connect with youth for birthday and surprise events. You can use LinkedIn if you are into corporate workshops and events to connect with the right person. You can also use social media for connecting and hiring vendors and artists. Use paid or sponsored ads for quick and more reach.
- Hire interns and part-timers for free: In the beginning, more than a great team you need great and affordable helping hands! Hire interns for free from helpful sites like Internshala, Interndesk or post free classified ads at OLX, Quikr, Click.in, etc. You can use LinkedIn or Facebook too to hire interns for your freelance startup.
- Free online business catalog: WhatsApp is a great and widely used messaging and group chat app in India, but very little people know about the most essential business part of WhatsApp! Now you can make your online catalog with product or service photo along with your business site link. I have already published a blog exclusively on WhatsApp Business, click here to read that blog. Catalogs are a mobile storefront for businesses to showcase and share their goods so people can easily browse and discover something they would like to buy. Previously businesses had to send product photos one at a time and repeatedly provide information — now customers can see their full catalog right within WhatsApp. This makes business owners look more professional and keeps customers engaged in the chat without having to visit a website.
- Free online payment gateway: You can register, submit basic KYC online and start using payment gateways immediately with Instamojo, Razorpay, etc. You can also start using UPI payment gateways like GPay, Paytm, PhonePe or BHIM to get paid instantly without any commission. A payment gateway may take 24 hours to 48 hours to settle your payment but UPI payments are quick, convenient, and hassle-free.