Off page and On page SEO are the most effective medium to rank your website organically at search engines and increase your digital rankings.
Proper SEO helps search engine robots or crawlers to understand the importance of the website at world wide web (www) network. Page tile, meta description, heading tags, and proper distribution of important keywords across the important HTML tags such as the title, meta, and header tags is very important.
Make sure to have well researched think volume of related content (500+ words) to your landing page. It has been researched that higher text content volumes are related to better ranking ability in general. Other 5 essential elements of a good SEO optimisation are:
- Internal & Backlinks: An external backlink is created when one website links to another. On page links are internal links with same domain or sub-domain.
- No Broken Links: Web links that don’t work (Error:404) due to change in the url structure, a website is moved without a redirect being added, or domain is no longer available.
- Friendly URLs: Easily readable urls for a human or search engines without any special characters and code is preferred.
- XML Sitemap: A good xml sitemap acts as a roadmap of your website that leads google to all your important pages.
- Robots.txt file: This .txt file tells search engine crawlers which pages or files the crawler can or can’t request from your site to avoid overloading your site with requests.
Above discussed essentials are general SEO optimisation techniques. To start with local SEO optimisation, having an online store is important but not essential. Yes! you heard right, not essential.
A phrase ‘near me’ plays the most important role in local search and SEO. Local SEO include searches with certain geo qualifiers, such as city, state, zip code, etc., and ‘near me’ searches, where Google picks up the geo-location of the person and provides search results from that area.
Local SEO is extremely important, especially if you have a business with a brick-and-mortar store, or one that provides a service in a certain locality.According to a study done by Forbes, 95% of smartphone users have used their device to perform local searches, out of which 61% called the business and 59% visited.
Another way to improve your business’ local SEO is through citations. A citation is when a third party website lists your business as a point of reference. This could contain your business’ name, location, or contact info. It does not require a backlink to your business’ website.
Now, as you have already understood where and how to build and maintain your local SEO, let’s discuss the important and effectiveness of local SEO for local businesses:
- Higher Quality Traffic: Local SEO based customers are ‘in-need’ customers with highest value of conversions. Just keep your offering competitive in price, and promising conversations during negotiation phase will help you to sell more day after day.
- Customer Reach-Out: Technology has enabled 24*7 reach out. Furnish proper contact details with alternative contacts so that you never miss a prospective lead for your business.
- Trust: Customers connect with businesses with high positive reviews (genuine one). More local citations with complete information at sites like JustDial.com, Sulekha.com, etc. build trust among the prospective customers.
- Increased Traffic: If you have an informative or e-commerce website, you have redirect your local search clicks to your website. Add website link to Google My Business Page, business listing pages, and other available local citation web pages.
- Cost Effective: Local SEO is the result of your consistency, dedication to keep your business digitally updated, and regular posts at Google My Business Page, social media pages, and local free citation pages. You do not have to pay to display your ads or pay per click.
Digital PR is the most efficient way to earn multiple yet effective links from top-tier DA/PA websites and niche digital platforms. In any PR stories, 3P’s are very important- Product, Purpose, Passion. Define your product or services, Identify your startup reason ‘for being’, and passion for your startup culture, and vision.
- Increase your credibility with shoutout from leading digital publications: Shoutout at the print or digital media is a matter of prestige. If you or your startup is featured in some publication, it’s a human nature to shout about it. Startup or business story publication plays an important role where trust is an important ingredient for the decision-making process. Accessible content will position you as an expert within the field and generate exposure to make your business more attractive to potential customers.
- Digital PR able your brand to communicate: Digital PR is a form of brand advocacy which is documented and stored online, making continuous shoutout till the existence of the webpage or url. As a startup, you’re likely to face challenges around communicating a new offering within busy markets, particularly if you’re trying to disrupt existing product ranges or ways of doing business. An active voice is therefore essential, and a well worked PR campaign provides a means for that voice to be heard.
- Digital PR helps you in improved SEO and website traffic: Gaining links to your website from high-authority, industry specific, and niche content websites will improve your Google rankings and mean you rank higher for your target keywords. The higher you are on Google, the more website traffic you’ll get. The more links and mentions for your business there are out there the more people that will hear about you and the more people will visit your website.
- Increases social media engagement: Digital PR stories with social media links or mentions help you to redirect traffic to your social media handles. If you are super active, and keep your audience engaged with digital events, quiz, giveaways, and knowledgable posts then they will follow you and will make their first purchase soon! If you able to gain a positive review, then they will turn into your brand advocates.